Sunday 5 April 2015

March Beauty & Fashion Favourites 2015


Hello Lovlies! Welcome back to Sense Of Beauty! Today's blogpost will be a list (and explanations!) of my March Beauty & Fashion Favourites of 2015! I've been using some of these products for the last few months but I thought I would compile a list of my current favourites!

I thought I would begin with Fashion as there is only one trend I am LOVING at the mo! 

THE COLOUR YELLOW:



It's daffodil season, so what better time to LOVE yellow?! Lately, I've been obsessed with the colour yellow! I picked up this Fiorelli Purse in TK Maxx for €23! The Jumper with the exposed zip along the back is from Penneys and I picked it up for €5 on sale last week!! The floral lace cardigan is from Swamp and I picked it up for €10 on sale!! I think Swamp have re-stocked these cardigans, they are available in a range of colours for €19.98. Yellow looks gorgeous paired with denim jeans or white jeans! It brightens up any outfit!

Now onto my Beauty Favourites for March 2015!

COCOA BROWN 1 HOUR TAN & GRADUAL TAN:



Spring and Summer = tanning season, except for pale girls like myself! I burn with the slightest sun light so I have to explore other options! Over the past few months, I've been loving these Cocoa Brown products! I really enjoy using the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan for night outs! It gives a gorgeous colour and doesn't smell horrible! It applies really easily (does anyone else feel a slight sense of satisfaction when rubbing the mousse in?!) 

I like to apply the Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze after the shower, as a moisturiser! It doesn't give as dark a tan as the 1 Hour Tan. It's easy to build the colour with the Gentle Bronze. It feels really moisturising on your skin too. It looks very natural on your skin. Cocoa Brown products are available in Penneys, and theye're super affordable!

BOTANICS RADIANCE BALM ALL BRIGHT 



I picked this product up in Boots for around €7.99. The Beautiful Truth featured this product on her facebook, she had said it was supposed to be a dupe for the MAC Strobe Cream. I have loved it ever since I picked it up! 

I used to like to have a Matte Finish to my foundation, but after using this, I love the appearance of dewy skin! Dewy skin makes your skin look healthy and natural. This radiance balm has tiny glitters in it. You can apply this to your skin just before your foundation or you can mix a drop in with your foundation. I definitely recommend giving this a go if you like the appearance of dewy skin.

RIMMEL LONDON LASTING FINISH 25 HOUR NUDE FOUNDATION 



I picked this foundation up when Boots was having their special offer on Rimmel London products, 2 Rimmel products for €12. I picked up the shade 100 Ivory. This shade is slightly too dark for me when I'm at my palest (without any Cocoa Brown products on). I could do with a lighter shade. When I have a light coat of the Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze on, it matches perfectly! 

The lasting power is great! I can wear it to work, and it still looks great afterwards. I'm not too sure if it lasts 25 hours though! The cover is definitely buildable! You can wear it as a Light Coverage foundation or add a few coats and it can be a Medium-Heavy coverage. I prefer to use a Blending brush from Real Techniques to apply this foundation. 

MAYBELLINE MATTE MAKER MATTIFYING FACE POWDER



The Maybelline Matte Maker Powder has been my favourite face powder lately! I like to apply this to my face in a patting motion, I don't like to apply the face powder in circles as it can get stuck beneath your tiny hairs on your skin and can appear cakey. It's about €6 which isn't that expensive for such a good face powder!

ESSENCE I <3 NUDE EYESHADOW 



I picked this eyeshadow up in Penneys a few weeks ago. Essence has released an I <3 Nudes collection which includes Eyeshadows, Lipsticks and Lipglosses. I picked up the eyeshadow in the shade 01 Vanilla Sugar. The eyeshadow was below €3.

I use this eyeshadow to set my concealer. I use a small tapered brush to apply it. I like to apply a different setting powder to my face and concealer. I apply a concealer in a triangle shape underneath my eyes and around my nose area. I apply the concealer to these areas to cover any dark circles but to also highlight my face. If you apply the same face powder to set your concealer and foundation, you would counteract all the concealer work because your whole face will be the same colour. The eyeshadow leaves a silky finish to your skin, which also adds to the highlighted areas. The eyeshadow is soft, light and does not apply cakey. It has a gorgeous scent, just like vanilla! 

NATURAL COLLECTION EYESHADOWS



Natural Collection is an excellent brand; it is inexpensive and some of the products are great quality! I picked these two eyeshadows up in Boots for €2.49 each. I picked up the shade Milk Chocolate and Crushed Walnut. 

I like to apply these most days as they are the combo. I enjoy applying the shade milk chocolate into my crease as a transition shade. To deepen the crease and add definition, I apply the eyeshadow crushed walnut. If you are looking for two great matte eyeshadows - these are for you!! The pigmentation of the eyeshadows are excellent! They blend very easily and there is little to no fall out with these shadows. 

MAYBELLINE COLOUR TATTOO



I bought this Maybelline Colour Tattoo Pot AGES ago but never really got much use out of it! Lately I've been loving pairing this with the two natural collection eyeshadows from above! The pigmentation of the pot is incredible and it's super easy to blend the product with a matte eyeshadow! You can use it as a base for a bronzey eyeshadow too! The lasting power is great too! I love this!! The shade is 33-On and on Bronze. It's gorgeous on people with blue eyes.

DARK LIPS



Lately, I've been loving dark lips! The closer to black, the better! I didn't have any black lipstick on hand at home so I decided to work with what I have to try and make a dark lipstick! I first applied a NYX Pencil Eyeliner in Black to my lips. On top of that I applied Wet'n'Wild's lipstick in Black Cherry. I loved it! For nights out, super dark lips are gorgeous! 

ESSENCE LIPLINERS

Essence Lipliners are the BOMB! They can be purchased in Penneys for a TINY €1.29!! I love these! I have 3 shades; 06 Satin Mauve, 11 In The Nude & 14 Femme Fatale. These can be worn by themselves or underneath a lipstick. They have excellent pigmentation and their lasting power is great! To re-create a Kylie Jenner Lip, you can apply 06 Satin Mauve to your lips! These are great and I definitely recommend them!

Thanks for stopping by to Sense Of Beauty! 
I hope you enjoyed today's blogpost! 
See you in my next blogpost! 
XO, Sense Of Beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment